Garage Suite Builders in Edmonton
Baum Woolger is a garage suite builder based in Edmonton. We specialize in creating retirement nests, hideaways and home office studios located right above garages that are detached.
In the city of Edmonton, garage suites are the hottest new trend. In fact, within the last year or two, Edmonton’s council have relaxed many bylaws that have prevented families from building spaces on their property. Thanks to such changes in bylaws, families can now create a space on their property that they can use for an office or generate rental income. We can help you out if you’re interested in this.
Our mission is simple. We believe:
- Garage suites are an excellent answer to the city’s need for additional housing within older neighborhoods.
- Quality is important. This is why we work with only the best trades in the industry. Many of the professionals we use have been working with us for over ten years. The professionals know the type of quality we want and expect.
- Efficiency is also important. The process of building an addition or extra space can be irritating, and it can be stressful. This is why we strive to ensure your construction project is managed efficiently.
- Communication is crucial. We assure our clients they will have an open line of communication with us. You will always be able to call our cell phones, which means if you have a question or concern, then all you have to do is contact us. We will be more than happy to address any concerns you may have.
- Customization is essential, which is why it’s an option for you and any other client we work with. We do have various plans and specifications that we can base our price on. However, if there is something else you want to be customized, then we will take that into account. We want to make sure you get exactly what you want.
5 Reasons To Add Garage Suites Or A Garden Suite
The reasons you should add a garage suite or garden includes:
- Income Property
You can generate additional income by adding a garage suite or a garden. This extra income can help you pay your mortgage off, or you can invest the money and expand your portfolio, or you can only save the money. If you want to make more money, then you could move into your garage suit and rent out the central space. Maybe you don’t want a full-time tenant. If that’s the case, then rent your property out to those seeking a place to stay for a week or two. Airbnb is a great place to add your listing if you want to find temporary tenants.
- Older Parents
You can move your aging parents into the additional space, which will allow you to keep an eye on them, while they get to maintain their independence. You will be able to provide them with the help they need, while they will not entirely lose their independence. Remember, your parents looked after you as a kid and as a teenager, so this could be a way to pay them back.
- High Living Costs
Let’s face it, the job market is unpredictable, and the cost of living is always going up, which can make it hard for newlyweds and college graduates to get off to the right start. Setting up a garden suite or a garage suite is an excellent way to let your child gain a bit of independence while having the opportunity to save money. Whether you let your child stay in the suite for free or you charge a little bit of rent, you will be giving them a leg up in life, and they should have an easier time getting ahead financially.
- Additional Space
If you need more living space or you want to increase the value of your home, then you should have garden or garage suite built. A secondary suite should also be developed if you want a man cave or entertainment space. Instead of adding a new room to your home, you can just have a garden or garage suite built. This is usually cheaper, and by working with us to complete your project, you can rest assured you will get your extra space within a short period. We make the entire process easy for all of our clients.
- Space For Work
A suite can be a good solution if you want somewhere to work within your home. Best of all, you will reduce disruptions by having a suite built because it will be separate from your main property.
Do you want to have a garden or garage suite built? If so, then give us a call today, and we’ll be more than happy to assist you or provide you with more information.